Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support Banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re an Active Service Member


If you’re an active Service Member, including if you’re in activated status through the Reserves or National Guard, visit the TRICARE website or call the number on the back of your insurance card.

Please note that military commanders cannot access Service Members’ mental health care information without meeting certain criteria. Department of Defense Instruction (DoDi) 6490.08 (PDF | 88 KB) lists situations in which an exception must be made such as serious risk of harm. Seeking help early prevents needing a higher level of care and potential career impact. Taking care of your mental health takes courage and is a sign of strength.

Free confidential help is also available from Military OneSource 24/7. Call 1-800-342-9647 or find international calling options if you’re overseas.

You may also try the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.

You can also:

  • If you’re comfortable, ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated