Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support Banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You Don’t Know What Type of Insurance You Have


If you don’t know what type of insurance you have, call the number on the back of your insurance card to see what plan you have. If you get your insurance through a family member, ask them for the information if you feel safe doing so.

You can also:

  • If you’re comfortable, ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service helps employees with personal problems, such as mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated