Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Colorado's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


If you're part of Health First Colorado, Colorado's Medicaid program, you can access mental health and substance use disorder services through their regional organizations or your primary care provider (PCP). 

Your PCP or regional organization can help you find a health care professional and resources to manage mental health, drug, or alcohol issues. You can also search the provider directory for the type of health care professional you would like to see. Learn more about the types of providers. Not all Medicaid providers in the list are accepting new patients so please check with the provider before your first visit.

You can also contact your regional organization for assistance by calling Health First Colorado Enrollment at 303-839-2120 or 1-888-367-6557 (outside of Denver).

In Colorado, you can contact your Colorado Crisis Services or call at 1-844-493-TALK or text "TALK" to 38255 day or night. If you're worried about a loved one, you can also use this service. 

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated