Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Delaware's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


If you're part of Delaware's Medicaid program, you must choose a primary care provider (PCP) who, along with a Managed Care Organization (MCO), will provide or arrange for all your preventive care and medical needs. 

You can search the provider directory for the type of health care professional you would like to see. Learn more about the types of providers. Contact the provider to see if they are enrolled in Medicaid program and accepting new patients before your first visit. 

If your child is part of CHIP, it is managed by two Managed Care plans. You can search for providers within your specific Managed Care health plan. Your child must see providers within their health plan's network.   

You can also search the Department of Services for Children, Youth & Their Families (DSCYF) prevention and early intervention services in Delaware.

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated