Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Georgia's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


The Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), Georgia’s Behavioral Health Authority, provides services through a network of community providers. You can contact a local office in your area, search for the provider directory, or call The Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) at 800-715-4225 to get help finding behavioral health services. 

The Department of Community Health (DCH) also administers Medicaid-reimbursed behavioral health services for children and eligible adults in Georgia through Care Management Organizations (CMOs). Check your specific CMO's network of providers to find behavioral health services. You can find this information on your health plan member ID card.

Learn about the types of providers

If your kid is part of PeachCare for Kids, you can search your specific CMO's network of providers for the type of behavioral health services.

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated