Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Indiana's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


If you're part of Indiana's Traditional Medicaid program, you must go to providers who accept Indiana Medicaid. You can search Indiana's Medicaid Provider Directory for the type of health care professional you would like to see. Learn more about the types of providers. Contact the provider to see if they are enrolled in Medicaid program and accepting new patients before your first visit. 

If you're enrolled in Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP), Hoosier Care Connect, or Hoosier Healthwise, you should contact your managed health care plan to find providers in your plan’s network. If you're looking for a specialist and are in the managed health plan, you may need a referral from your primary care provider. Check with your primary care provider before seeking additional services. 

If your child is part of Hoosier Healthwise you can search for a behavioral health provider or facility through your specific managed health care plan and their network of providers.

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated