Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Pennsylvania's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


Medical Assistance (MA) is Pennsylvania's Medicaid program that has a fee-for-service list of mental health, drug, and alcohol programs across the state that provide free or low-cost services. You can also call the Fee-for-Service Recipient Service Center at 1-800-537-8862. Check to see if providers accept the Pennsylvania MA fee-for-service, known as ACCESS; and if the health care professional is accepting new patients before making an appointment.

If you are enrolled in a Managed Care Organization (MCO), you will need to contact your plan to find a health care professional. You can find your MCO on your health plan card. 

You can also find local services through Mental Health Services in Pennsylvania. The county office will decide if you can get funding for services, assess the type of treatment or services needed, and find a professional or program that meets the need. You can search for a health care professional through your county office.

Learn more about the types of providers

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated