Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Washington State's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


If you're part of Apple Health, Washington's Medicaid program, you can find a health care professional through your specific Apple Health managed care plan. You can go to any health care professional that treats mental health, drug, or alcohol issues if they are part of your health plan's network. Contact your health plan for a list of in-network health care professionals and programs.

You may also call your local county crisis line (PDF | 71 KB) to ask for help, day or night. If you’re worried about a loved one, you can also use this service. 

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated