Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support Banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You Have Medicare


You can visit Medicare’s Care Compare website to find a prescribing mental health professional or drug or alcohol use program. You can also call the number on the back of your Medicare card.

If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you can also look at the plan’s website or call to find a health care professional or program.

You will be responsible for any co-pays, coinsurance, or deductibles that your plan has–just like going to the doctor for your physical health. Learn about health insurance costs (PDF | 1.6 MB).

You can also:

  • If you’re comfortable, ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated